It was such an honor to meet Filipino families whose stories and advocacies fostered change in their communities.
Last Sept. 27, Jollibee recognized ten exemplary families at the 9th Jollibee Filipino Values Award held at The Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria in Oetigas.
Six of the families received P300,000 cash prize, brass trophy by Michael Cacnio and P10,000 worth of Jollibee gift cheques. They were:
- Mrs. Dorotea Mansing and family of Dumaguete City, Negros Occidental, who donates children’s books to public schools
- Mr. Jerome and Mrs. Zenaida Paler and family of Maasin City, Southern Leyte, who started a drug rehabilitation and recovery program
- Mr. Alvin and Sandra Montano and family of Quezon City, who conducts outreach and disaster training program stressing capacity and resilience building
- Mr Rey and Mrs Mary Grace Bufi and family of Taguig City, for teaching literacy and bringing the joy of reading to far flung communities with scarce resources
- Mr Jeson and Mrs Fretzel Anne Viñas and family of Quezon City, who gives free eye examination to deprived and neglected children
- Mr Virgilio and Mrs Ana Maria Bacudio and family of Malate, Manila, who expands their advocacy of providing libraries and other material donations to communities in Mindoro
Four famies also received Special Citation Award, plaque of recognition and P3,000 worth of Jollibee gift cheques. They were
- Mr. Edileon and Mrs. Leticia Manuel and family of Solana, Cagayan province, their I-Saved offers program to alleviate hunger and other housefold problems to Aeta communities
- Mrs Norma Plaza and family of Mati City, Davao Oriental, who send underprivileged children to school through Amihan sa Dahican
- Mrs Julieta Elago and family of Cabadbaran City, Agusan del Norte, helps underprivilege students study college through Project Scholar and Project Adopt a Mamanwa, a Manobo Student, provides scholarship support and other needs to indigenous people throughout high school
- Mr. Ramley and Mrs. Natalia Sali of Hagonoy, Bulacan and London, UK, supports environmental program and tree planting through One Child One Tree Movement
Mr. JJ Alano, Jollibee Philippines president said, “It is an honor and privilege once again to oay tribute to our latest JFVA winners who bring inspiring stories of hope and positivity through their selfless advocacies. Jollibee has always been championing positive Filipino Values throughout the years and to know that there are Filipino families all over the country and abroad who exemplify this is truly heartening. Through the Jollibee Family Values Awards it is our desire to give encouragement and support to these outstanding families who have done nothing but spread love, light and joy to others through their respective community endevours that are truly life changing, meaningful and impactful.”
Mrs Charlene Gonzales Muhlach was one of the judges, togethee with Ms. Dimples Romana and many others.
Darren Espanto, Morisette Amon serenaded the families with their powerful performance song Never Enough. Mrs Regine Velasquez Alcasid and son Nate also performed a duet.