Leaving our children with a trustworthy guardian is a big relief for working parents like us. Hiring the right person to take care of our kids is very vital and we need to be extra careful because our home and children’s safety, growth and development are at stake.
I have heard and read horrible stories from parents regarding their experiences with their house help or nannies. Some said their children suffer verbal and physical abuse from their nannies most specially when parents are not around.
Others also have nannies who stole their belongings and worst of all, those who connive with kidnapping groups. These stories are really worrying me but luckily I found a kind and industrious one.
To parents who are still in the verge of finding the right guardian for their children, here’s some information that might help you ensure your family and child’s safety.
1) When hiring from a manpower service, be sure to check if the agency is reliable and it follows the law.
2) If through direct contact or recommendation from a friend, be sure you also know the referrer.
3) Require your nanny to give you bio-data and NBI or police clearance if possible.
4) Be tough in questioning her on what to do during emergency situations.
5) And be meticulous on asking about their past employment.