School bus service is another important matter now that the new school year will officially start.
Have you checked how safe your kids are while on board the school bus service?
Here are the things a school service should have upon its operation.
1) A valid franchise from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board or LTFRB.
2) The school service is accredited by the school. It bears the school rules and regulation for school service.
2) The vehicle windows or open portions should have screens or grills for protection.
3) A first aid kit and emergency tools like umbrellas, rain coat, and fire extinguisher.
4) It has Stop and Go signage.
5) The body of the school service is painted yellow with black stripes around the vehicle.
6) Plate Number should also be in yellow.
7) It should follow the Number Tagging Scheme of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority. The licensed number should be painted on the roof and the sides of the vehicle in silver-gray background.
A fine of P6,000 would be imposed on untagged school bus service.
Let us also be aware on the number of students serviced by the operator so we would know if the vehicle is overloading or not. If it violates the no overloading policy of Land Transportation Office here’s the penalty the operator or driver would face.
First Offense: 3 months suspension of license, removal of the car plate, impounding and P2,000 fine
Second Offense: Car registration would be canceled and revocation of license.
The penalty for the operator or driver of colorum school service are:
First Offense: Driver’s license is automatically suspended for 90 days. Operators have to pay P3,000 fine;
P6,000 on the second offense; and then cancelation of the franchise on the third offense.