The Philippine Science High School is now accepting applicants for National Competitive Examination School Year 2015-2016
You have until August 15, 2014 to submit you application to qualify for the examination on October 4, 2015.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A grade 6 pupil* from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS National Competitive Examination (NCE).
He / She must:
- belong to the upper 10% of the batch (SY 2013-2014) and does not have a grade below 80% as certified by the School Principal or Registrar. If the applicant does not belong to the upper 10%, he/she should have special aptitude in Science and Math as evidenced by the report card, with at least a final grade of 85% in Science and Math and 80% in all other subjects;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- be born on or after June 1, 2000;
- be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
- be of good conduct and behavior; and
- not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.In his/her 6th year of basic elementary education (excluding kindergarten and preparatory school)
- Fully accomplished Application Form in two (2) copies
- Two (2) identical recent 1×1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable test fee (Php 100 for private schools, free for public schools)
- Copy of report card (SY 2013-2014)