No updates for this blog for a week or two. The reason why this site was idle – I was looking for a new laptop! Remember, my 3-year old daughter accidentally poured a glass of water on our laptop back then. Sadly, the motherboard got directly affected.
Now, infront of me is my new online buddy, a Lenovo Ideapad Z500. Hubby and I bought Lenovo Z500 just a week ago and after a couple of months of failed hunting for a Lenovo Y580. The latter was phased-out early this year and I was so frustrated because I contradicted my hubby’s decision to buy that unit last year thinking of financial issues because it costs P57,000.00 per unit. Its equivalent unit today is Lenovo Z580 which costs around P67,000.00 per unit.
Well, so much for the now defunct Y580. My new Lenovo Z500 is also a good option for only P43,995.00. Some features include:
- Dolby® Home Theater® v4, with specialized stereo speakers with extra bass
- Intelligent Touchpad optimized for Windows 8
- DVD-RW drive
- Integrated 720p HD webcam and a dual digital array microphone for crystal clear webchat
- HDMI out, two USB 2.0 ports, one USB 3.0 port
- HD webcam
- Battery life is up to 7 hours
Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 Specs
- Intel Core i7 3632QM Processor with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology
- 2.2GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz supporting Intel® 64 architecture, Intel® Smart Cache
- Operating System is Windows 8
- 15.6″ WXGA LED(1366×768) Widescreen
- 2.5″ 9.5mm SATA – 1TB HDD 5400rpm Hard Drive
- Nvidia GeForce GT740M 2GB Video Graphics and Memory
Aside from my online activities, I also share this laptop to my son who is fond of playing online games that is after he finish his homeworks, research and other studies.
I’m still learning about my new online buddy but expect more updates from now on here at M.O.M. Thank you and see you online!