I am no culinary expert but I am the boss in our home kitchen.
Yes, as a mother, I meticulously plan the meals. Thanks to my inspirations, my grandma who really cooks deliciously and my mom who taught me the basics in cooking. And the rest of course are do-it-yourself stuffs.
I’m glad to say my family loves my cooking. This inspires me to create more good food for them. I may not be the best, but I’m sure my family can feel that I serve food with love.
Last Saturday, my passion for cooking ignited when I was invited at the Samsung Digital Appliances first cooking workshop with renowned Chef Ernest Gala. I learned how to whipped-up great tasting meals at the GalaStars Culinary in Shaw corner Pasig Boulevard, Pasig City.
Chef Gala taught us how to make Chicken with Spam and Cheese, which I will share in a different post. For now, I’d like to share with you Fettucine with Garlic-Basil-Tomato. This is a very simple yet nutritious dish that your family will surely enjoy – for merienda and even for occasions like birthday.
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 2 tbsps crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup canned whole or chopped tomato with liquid
- 1/8 tsp rocksalt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 85 grams cooked fettucine
- basil leaves for garnish
For the cooked pasta, here are some tips from Chef Ernest Gala
How to do it:
- Heat pan and add oil
- Saute garlic unti brown. Chef Gala said the secret to cooking is to relax and don’t keep mixing. Keep your fire in medium so you don’t have to worry a lot.
- Add the whole or chopped tomato
- Add pepper and salt. Chef Gala advised to mix the pepper and salt first before you add it to the food so that the food will be seasoned evenly.
- Get the cooked pasta from your Samsung Refrigerator and mix it with the sauce for a couple of minutes.
- Serve it with basil leaves and Parmesan cheese.
Chef Ernest Gala is Samsung Digital Appliances’ Brand Ambassador and the managing director of GalaStars Culinary School. At this school, he fulfills his commitment to instill the love for food and cooking into his students. He also develops mouth-watering recipes for various food companies and writes for Philippine Star, Mabuhay Magazine and Celebrity Recipes.
For more information about GalaStars Culinary School, you can visit their website HERE.
Follow Samsung Philippines on FACEBOOK.
Read more about Samsung Food Showcase Refrigerator HERE.