Section 2. The Congress shall provide a system for securing the secrecy and sanctity of the ballot as well as a system for absentee voting by qualified Filipinos abroad.
Voting can be a confusing process to some, especially now that the government is implementing an automated poll system.
For a first time voter or not, I hope this step-by-step list helps you be at ease while choosing your leader.
1) Search for your name in the voter’s list in your respective precinct.
2) If you did not find your name, ask some help from PPCRV volunteers
3) If you find your name, fall in line or wait for your turn to get inside the polling precinct.
4) Proceed to the Board of Election Inspectors or BEI and show them your IDENTIFICATION CARD.
5) Once your name is validated in the ELECTION DAY COMPUTERIZED VOTER’s LIST, get your BALLOT, SECRECY FOLDER and MARKING PEN.
6) Proceed to the voting area and cast your vote by carefully SHADING the ballot.
7) Ask the BEI to assist you in putting your BALLOT in the Precinct Count Optical Scan or P-COS machines.
8) Wait for the confirmation if your BALLOT was successfully counted by the P-COS machine.
9) Have your forefinger INKED. BEI use indelible ink to those who are finished casting their votes.
10) Go home and don’t lobby in the precinct.
Vote responsibly according to your conscience!